Hello everyone

We all have been asked to create a blog in order to be able to distinguish the importance of integrating technology in teaching. In everyday life up until now, I have used technology mostly for communication purposes on social media and by email. The latter, is what I believe what most of the students use regarding to school. We also have integrated it as part of our school projects and assignements. Creating a blog was a new way, which to be honest I had only heard on instagram as a way to earn money from. After making some researches, I learnt that is was easy to open one. Difficulties arose when we were asked to follow one another because since most of us had not used it before we didn't know how to do it at first. In my first blog I have written about the importance of technology ( that is the main reason why we all created the blog to start with ) and some advantages and dissadvantages that in my opinion are related to this topic.
Technology is everywhere and by saying this we are well aware that wether teachers like it or not, it is and will further be integrated in classrooms. There are several reasons why this new way of learning has its benefits.
First of all students are constanly being in touch with technology outside their classroom, making it part of their lifestyle. Kids nowadays know technology better than most adults, and integrating technology on their learning routine helps them learn better and aquire multi-tasking skills.
We all know that everyone learns at their own pace and traditional classroom techniques sometimes do not fit students needs in this matter. With the integration of technology, slower learners will have the possibility to go back to lessons they have not assimilated thoroughly.
Another benefit is that teachers and students can come up with creative and fun ways to conduct a lesson and keep one another engaged. Also it enhances relationships between students and teachers because they are constantly in touch by discussing their views on different matters concerning their learning.
Evaluation is another matter worthy of discussion. More and more schools in Albania and wide, are testing their students online or using clean score. The benefits of this are that students' performance is measured instantly and avoids subjective evaluations by being fair to all.
By mentioning benefits we also come up with dissadvantages. 
Considering the education system in Albania, not all students have the means to use technology. Taking into account the current situation, it may occur that not all students have a computer to their houses, or a smartphone, or internet access, that is why for some, traditional teaching methods may work better.
Another dissadvantage is that some students may not know how to proficiently use technology, and this may result in low performance. We should also consider that some students still find technology as a new concept in learning and there is a risk they will use it as such. By this I mean that they will not give it as much importance as they give when they are in a classroom. This results in procrastination and gaps in their learning.

P.S : I hope you and your families are all safe and doing well

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed this first post of yours .i had the same feelings at the beginning because i know nothing how to start a blog.Now I really believe that the blog is a very useful tool of learning.I hope we all will enjoy this new experience .Good luck in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the facts you have mentioned about the use of technology in teaching process. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your method of discussion. You have argumented well the advantages and disadvantages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the fact that you have mentioned Albania and what are some problems that we face. Good job! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very good explanation about technology. I liked it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I encountered the same problem as you when I had to follow the classmates but now everything is ok. I like the fact that you have given not only the advantages but also the disadvantages. It is true that some students don't know how to have access to the Internet or it may be slow sometimes :(.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good job. I really like your way of thinking and explaining the importance of technology in teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stating the disadvantages is also a good point and something to be aware of,it is really a good job

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection.

Constructivism